In my three and a half years of working at Cox, I've been given platform do things that I love and to make a positive impact in others' lives.
Both in my daily job responsibilities and outside of them, I'm able to grow and help others spread their wings. These opportunities to contribute to our communities and employees' wellbeing truly feed my soul. Here are some examples:
- I serve as as Operations Co-Lead for Lotus (Cox's Asian American and Pacific Islander employee resource group), assisting with event planning, budgets and execution.
- I am part of an engineering Inclusion, Diversity & Equity (ID&E) group that drives progress throughout the organization.
- I serve as the communication lead for our Continuous Improvement Community of Practice, which is an enterprise-wide initiative that creates awareness about process improvements.
- I was a 2023 Cox Brand Advocate, which enabled me to share my journey at Cox.
- I have served as a project manager for 48in48, volunteering to help build website for non-profit organizations.
- I have served as a mentor for other women at Cox, empowering others to achieve their true potential.
Afsheen with Cox Communications' President, Mark Greatrex, at a Diwali celebration.
With so many opportunities to embrace my uniqueness and impact others, working at Cox has helped me unlock a sense of purpose and the joy of giving back.