Take your career to the next level
Cox’s cybersecurity team is the engine protecting our organization and customers from ever-evolving threats. As part of our group, you’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced solutions to detect and respond to potential incidents, while also helping design cutting-edge solutions to prevent malicious attacks.
If the thought of solving complex challenges excites you, come join Cox's cybersecurity group and put your skills to the test!
Frequently Asked Questions
A cybersecurity architect transforms the way cybersecurity teams and technology teams interact with each other. It’s a job that requires technical leadership and the ability to bridge organizational boundaries to achieve cutting-edge architectures with security built in.
Cybersecurity architects are responsible for defining and socializing reference architectures, standards and controls across technology on-premises, in the cloud and within development processes.
Cybersecurity is a growing field that promises new learning opportunities, the offer to work with new tech and competitive compensation. Cybersecurity is an essential function across industries, protecting all forms of data from loss and theft. Plus, it often offers the chance to work in a remote environment.
While the qualifications of a cybersecurity architect can differ, we generally recommend that cybersecurity architects who wish to work at Cox have the following:
- At least one relevant cybersecurity certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) plus other tech certifications like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience conducting threat model exercises and leading process improvement efforts from concept to implementation
- An understanding of containers and enterprise container orchestration and of security automation within DevOps and CI/CD processes, including vulnerability identification and management
Cybersecurity architecture is the foundation of an organization's defense against cyber threats and ensures that all components of its IT infrastructure are protected. A security architect anticipates potential cyber-threats and is quick to design structures and systems to prevent them.
Discover better benefits
At Cox, you'll receive awesome benefits to help you live your best life at work and beyond.
- Generous compensation and bonus structure
- Flexible time off policies
- Remote/hybrid work options
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Tuition reimbursement + professional development funds
- Free access to headspace + counseling for mental wellbeing
- And more!
Connect to your dream job
When you mix traits like experimentation-driven, results-oriented and customer-focused, you get a mighty powerful combo. Add in the ability to influence others and you’ve got yourself the makings of a Cox cybersecurity expert. Apply today!
How you can defend the country's cyber infrastructure
Hear from Cox Communications' Chief Information Security Officer on why cybersecurity jobs are a critical part of protecting the company.
Hear from our people
Learn about our amazing tech teams and visit our blog for more employee stories.View all posts