Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to stressful situations, job searches are right up there with being cornered by hangry tigers. We understand that and do our very best to make the process – dare we say? – enjoyable. One way we try to keep the tigers at bay is to help you find answers to some of the most common questions about our hiring process.
THE HIRING PROCESS
So, how does all this work? Glad you asked. It depends on what job/level you’re applying for, but there’s typically a six-step hiring process for most of our roles at Cox. Here’s what it looks like:
1. Online Application
2. Interview with Cox Talent Acquisition
3. Interview with Hiring Manager
5. Pre-Employment Screening
6. You’re Hired
WORK FLEXIBILITY FAQs
You bet! We have quite a few remote positions available throughout our family of businesses. Use the “Remote Jobs” filter on our job search page to find out which positions are currently remote. We also offer work from home jobs as well where some days you can work from your couch while others you can mingle with your favorite colleagues in our buzzing Cox office spaces. Want to learn more about the flexibility we offer at Cox?
Many Cox employees do their best work from the comfort of their own homes. While some jobs require being face-to-face, many don’t. We offer choices because for us, it’s all about empowering each team to make decisions that help them maintain balance while getting the job done. Your interviewer will be happy to help discuss what option might work best for you.
We provide extra care to thoroughly clean and disinfect our campuses, particularly “high touch” surfaces such as entrances, restrooms, elevators, stairwells, break rooms and lounges. We supply face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and spray disinfectants in as many areas as possible, and we promote safety protocols and social distancing.
With limited exceptions, Cox will no longer require a COVID vaccine as a condition of employment, effective July 5, 2022. Our application system is in the process of being updated so your response to that question, if present, will not be considered in the job selection process.
Now more than ever, it’s important to take care of each other. In addition to offering flexibility in where you work (at home, in person, etc), here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Flexible Scheduling: We encourage employees to work with their leaders to plan flexible arrangements, making the balance between work and personal commitments easier to manage. We’ve got three options that make flexing easier for everyone: flexible scheduling, block scheduling and compressed work weeks.
- Free access to Openfit: As an employee, you’ll receive free membership to this exercise and nutrition app, which offers live and on-demand classes.
- Free access to Headspace: You’ll also receive free membership to this sleep and meditation app.
- Free counseling in person, or through chat, text, phone or video: We take mental wellness very seriously. Cox employees have access to a variety of free counseling resources.
- Access to Care@Work: All full-time and part-time employees in Canada and the US, including Puerto Rico, can access a complimentary membership to Care.com’s premium digital offering. Here, you can find in-home childcare or daycare, senior care for elder family members, pet sitting, housekeeping, tutoring and even personal assistants.
- Free preschool resources: Cox employees nationwide can access free online preschool through the Atlanta Speech School, a Cox community partner.
Visit our benefits section to learn more.
JOB APPLICATION FAQs
We want you to stay in touch, and the best way to do that is by joining our Talent Community. That way, we can send you jobs we think you may be interested in and company info so you can stay connected with us.
Sometimes, scammers try to impersonate recruiters. We’ve got a few simple ways to sniff these scammers out, so you can tell what’s risky from what’s legit. First, know that Cox won’t make any offers unless you’ve already applied for a specific job through our official Cox careers website. Cox recruiters never ask for personal info (like your banking info, social security number or even your driver’s license number) using social media, email or texts. That kind of highly sensitive information should only be submitted through our official, secure application process. Another red flag: Cox will never ask you to make a purchase or send us money as part of the employment process.
If someone offered you an opportunity with Cox but broke any of these guidelines above in the process, report this potential fraud to email@example.com and DON’T send them any money.
First, you’re awesome. Thanks for connecting us with a great candidate! Cox employees can navigate through the internal Workday careers portal and choose “Refer A Friend” to begin that process.
You bet! In fact, you can apply to as many jobs as you like. You’ll find all your application submissions on your account profile.
You can edit your application before you submit it. However, once it’s submitted, you can only edit details of your profile.
It probably means that the recruiter is still reviewing applications. We get quite a few, as you can imagine. Hang in there and be patient. We’ll be in touch via email when there’s news. In the meantime, you can always check the submission status on your account profile.
Contact your recruiting coordinator by email or phone. We don’t include the details of interviews in the job submission status.
Yes, all job offers at Cox depend on the results of a thorough pre-employment screening.