Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team!
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
About the Position:
The Lead Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Lead Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the skills and abilities to:
· Works under broad direction, often self-initiated, and fully responsible for meeting allocated objectives.
· Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities
· Influences organization, customers, suppliers, partners, and peers on the contribution of own specialism.
· Builds appropriate and effective business relationships and makes decisions which impact the success of assigned work, i.e., results, deadlines, and budget.
· Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
· Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities.
· Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
· Understands the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/organizational requirements
· Advises on the available standards, methods, tools, and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
· Analyses, designs, plans, executes, and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk.
· Communicates effectively, both formally and informally. Demonstrates leadership.
· Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives. Takes all requirements into account when making proposals. Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
· Mentors’ colleagues. Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry.
· Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
· Demonstrates creativity, innovation, and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
The successful candidate will demonstrate the Professional Technology Skills including the ability to:
· Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
· Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
· Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
· Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices.
Programming/ Software Development
· Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent
· Iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
· Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
· Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
· Manage application enhancements to improve business performance
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
As a Lead Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
· Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
· Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
· Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
· Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
· Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
· Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
· Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
· Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary
Emerging Technology Monitoring
· Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience.
· Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
· Working experience realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support
· Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks
· Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
· Working experience in analysis, design and programming
· Understands methods of development for different form factors
· Working experience of software development (e.g. Java, C++)
· Working experience in software performance engineering in a large-scale environment
· Working experience optimizing website performance with strong knowledge in networks, browsers, content delivery, etc.
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.