Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring a Shop Diesel Technician II to join our team to support future growth of the Company. If you’re looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk with you. Shop Diesel Technician II will be responsible for performing licensed DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and follow-up repairs, light mechanical/hydraulic/electrical and electronic diagnostics, and other duties as assigned. The Shop Diesel Technician II can perform more advanced diagnostics and repairs under the supervision of a Sr Shop Diesel Technician or higher. The Shop Diesel Technician II continues to learn additional advanced mechanical skills and diagnostic Techniques. A successful Shop Diesel Technician II complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Always follow and comply with safe operating practices and procedures.
- Independently determining parts required for each job and interact with the Shop Parts Department to obtain.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in cleanup at the end of each day for tools, parts, and equipment.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Work with Service Writer to assess customer needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a Shop environment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Diesel tools, welding equipment, lifts and jacks.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued device and/or Karmak application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Communicate with Shop Manager and support team to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Maintain Shop assigned service trucks, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Assist Shop Diesel Technician I with diagnostics.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or withing 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Diesel Technician on medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair or equivalent combination of technical education/certifications/skill/experiences.
- Associate's Degree, BA/BS or Technical certification + up to 1 year experience
- 4 years of equivalent experience in a similar capacity Technician role.
- Participate in and complete all-in company required training
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS OR OBTAINED WITHIN 18 MONTHS
- ASE T8 (PMI) certification
- ASE T3 (Drivetrain) certification
- ASE T4 (Brakes) certification
- ASE T5 (Suspension) certification
- ASE T6 (Electrical and Electronic Systems)
- ASE T7 (HVAC) certification
- ASE 608/609 certification*
WHY COX AUTOMOTIVE MOBILITY FLEET SERVICES?
- $27.55-$36+ hourly depending on experience
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.