- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks (light and heavy) in a mobile/field environment.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance request.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued Apple iPhone device and our proprietary TRAIT application.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service truck, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required. CDL-A preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is preferred, but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of Apple iPhone / mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms, such as TRAIT and Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer, etc.
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the elements at customer yards/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, Safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
- $27.55-$36+ hourly depending on experience
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.