The Dayton Daily News, a Cox Enterprise company, is in search of a savvy Account Executive. The right person for this role will be responsible for nurturing existing clients and developing new client relationships. The Account Executive will have strong sales and customer service skills, acumen for business development, proven success with cold calling/outbound sales and a strong emphasis on solution base selling. This role will work primarily with small to medium size businesses in the Dayton and surrounding region. The Account Executive will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. This position will be base salary plus commission.
What’s In It For You?
A business is only as good as the people who make it thrive. At Cox, we take pride in our people, and take care of them accordingly. Our award-winning employee culture and benefits speak to our commitment to our people:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- As you grow your family, rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Develop and grow opportunities for new business, reactivating inactive accounts and growing existing business.
- Conduct research to identify clients with advertising needs
- Design and implement strategies useful in the creation of effective marketing solutions using newspaper and digital product mix
- Contact clients through calls and meetings to discuss advertising opportunities, present proposals, and discuss creative plans for their advertising campaigns
- Work with internal support staff to implement client advertising campaigns
- Participate in conferences/meetings/networking events to improve job knowledge and increase contact network
- Responsible for reaching monthly core and digital goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong sales skills required
- Ability to type 40wpm
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasker and teamwork capabilities
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong digital aptitude
Education & Business Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
2+ years of sales experience
Media sales experience a plus
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.