Create and maintain planning and reporting applications and databases (Hyperion & OneStream platform), including, but not limited to, loading data, designing data structures and implementing planning methodologies. Work closely with internal customers and subject matter experts to establish an understanding of business drivers and key analytical metrics necessary to develop planning methodologies and business reporting. Provide guidance and direction to other lower-level analysts and DBAs.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Serves as an expert for Hyperion Planning and Essbase as used for business planning and management reporting across the company
· Performs data loads and monitors them for accuracy and timeliness
· Maintains production databases to ensure integrity, performance, accessibility, and recoverability of data
· Works closely with the Finance & Accounting and Business Operations organizations and other internal customers to develop planning methodologies and transform business requirements into logical data models
· Develops ad hoc planning/reporting tools to support various non-standard planning/reporting activities
· Maintains ETL mapping tables and ensures integration of data from various sources through data design
· Performs quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
· Maintains end user security, including setting up new user accounts, and creating security filters and user groups
· Works closely with IT regarding system performance, maintenance and optimization
· Leads problem determination (root cause analysis) and documents the source of problems and their resolution. Recognizes and analyzes trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions
· 8 years of experience in a related field (Finance, IT, Engineering), or BS/BA in a related discipline with 4 years of experience in a related field, or MS/MA in a related discipline with 2 years of experience in a related field, or Ph.D. in related discipline with 1 year of experience in related field
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and other financial tools (i.e. Hyperion, OneStream)
· Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
· Advanced financial analysis skills
· Financial modeling and data analysis skills
· Ability to adapt to change in accordance with the business needs of the organization
· Operate with ownership, be a self-starter, and have strong attention to detail
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.