AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
If you’ve been looking for that rare opportunity to land a position with a great Atlanta brand, you’ll want to read on. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a Cox Enterprises Company, is seeking an Audience Development Specialist. You’ll play an important, behind-the-scenes role to help us build relationships with the audiences we seek to serve and demonstrate the value of our local journalism.
You’ll be the right-hand execution specialist critical to the AJC’s Sr. Editor for Audience Development. We’re looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, naturally organized, and audience-oriented. You’re always one step ahead, powered by proactivity, positivity, and a sense of passion for your work. And you’re described by others as being focused, fun and flexible. If that sounds like you, keep reading….
What You’ll Do
- Partner to implement details associated with product launches, promotions, events and other strategic initiatives that reinforce value proposition/brand, generate revenue and convert anonymous users to registered users to create habit and eventually grow subscribers.
- Manage on-going and opportunistic marketing promotions and campaign across platforms and products, including copywriting and organizing assets, scheduling and optimizing for target audiences.
- Make creative requests to support audience activation efforts. Serve as primary point of contact for stakeholders to request creative resources/services, and coordinate needs. Serve as proofreader for quality control of marketing creative requests.
- Maintain weekly list of jobs in system and communicate status with stakeholders. Proactively monitor progress of jobs from initial request through final sign-offs and production/release. Generate reports to measure/monitor/improve key metrics. Share insights and make recommendations to further the strategy.
- Execute/fulfill details associated with AJC produced events, promotions and sponsorships to further connect with audiences. Develop and implement project plans, timelines and details. Ensure contractual obligations are met and coordinate sponsorship benefits we give/receive.
- Manage audience acquisition tactics, including RSVP landing pages, coordinate vendors/giveaways, confirm details with stakeholders, attendees, etc.
- Attend and represent the company at events – run registration tables, assist with the set-up/tear-downs of staging and assist with the run of shows. Participate in post-project evaluations and capture key learns to utilize with future events. Code/submit expenses.
- Maintain up-to-date customer facing collateral and information including campaign/customer touchpoint libraries, marketing pages on AJC.com, external displays and signage, logoed items etc. Maintain archive of all final campaign creative and assets on department server.
- Perform departmental administrative duties. Schedule meetings, prepare and distribute meeting recaps and follow up on next steps as needed. Generate mail/merge letters, code/process invoices, fulfill giveaways/prizes/appreciation gifts. Maintain departmental calendar of all events/campaigns/partnerships/promotions.
There’s one more important responsibility that comes with the job – you’ll be a daily user of AJC products, including AJC.com, podcasts, newsletters, events, and editions.
Are these the kinds of responsibilities that you’re good at and love to do? Read on. We have more to tell you about this amazing brand and company you’d be joining.
What’s In It For You?
As Audience Development Specialist, you’re taking great care of us, so it’s only fair we should take great care of you as well, with the kind of incentives that inspire you to do your best work.
- You’ll be rewarded with highly competitive pay , plus other compensation perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., extremely generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, pet insurance and more…)
- Work/Life Balance. For us to be us, you need to do you. Job flexibility is central to our culture because team members have different working styles and important stuff going on outside the office, too.
- Smart and creative colleagues, plus ongoing learning opportunities. You’ll have the tools and team you need to do your job well without a lot of red tape. Plus, we know how important it is for you to stay brushed up on your marketing knowledge and skills, so we invest in your ongoing training along the way to make sure you have what need to help you along your career path.
- Boundless career opportunities for lateral and upward movement across a high-performing enterprise spanning diverse industries. You’ll have the chance to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses. In the future, you may have the opportunity to hone your marketing skills in other sectors where we operate like smart home automation, new forms of transportation mobility or esports.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, business or journalism; may substitute additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 2 years work experience (may include college internships in relevant field).
- Strong competence using computer programs including Office 365.
- Occasional work on nights/weekends/holidays.
Who We Are
About The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is the leading source – both in print and online – of news, information and advertising for metropolitan Atlanta. Our mission is to report what’s really going on in our community. We uncover the truth, protect the public’s right to know and document our communities’ moments, milestones and people. Every day, we inform and empower our readers who value credible and in-depth journalism — and by providing this important public service, we ultimately help to build a better Atlanta for the next generation. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is a Cox Enterprises Company.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.