Cox Enterprises Real Estate is hiring a Sr. Manager, Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the workplace design and build-out of our real estate portfolio. In this role you will be managing the design of office projects, implementing workplace design standards, and working closely with our internal stakeholders and external partners. This leader will be a strategic partner for our CEI businesses and provide space planning, space management and construction management services, from inception of the project to completion. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, programming, budgeting, and vendor coordination (including consulting with architects, engineers, and contractors throughout the project).
The ideal candidate must be a seasoned project manager with a track record of building strong partnerships, driving decision making, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and communicating information timely and effectively.
- Manage our workplace design projects and support the CEI workplace strategy implementation throughout our footprint
- Execute all phases of Design & Construction Project Management activities including, but not limited to, scope alignment, planning, programming, budgeting, procurement of design, construction and consulting vendors, cost negotiations, project implementation, benchmarking, performance / milestone tracking, reporting, and project close-out
- Develop and execute project plans, proactively identify and manage risks, and deliver on project commitments
- Present project updates, analysis, and findings on a formal and informal basis to business leaders
- Coordinates the services of multiple vendors and administers contract compliance for business units on construction projects.
- Review and verify vendor-provided reports and invoices. Communicate with vendors on purchase orders and process payments.
- Coordinates internal services from the Cox divisions for construction projects such as security, Cox Conserves, Procurement, Insurance, Tax, Finance and IT.
- Provide drafting services with the use of AutoCAD as well as an FM Systems and assist with designing and drafting space solutions.
- Effectively manage and lead a team; balance workloads and drive accountability to unleash efficiencies and drive scale
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. construction & design project management)
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (Architecture/Interior Design/Engineering or Construction Management)
- Requires expertise in CAD, Bluebeam, and proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Interiors construction experience required, with knowledge of workplace design, workplace strategy, FF&E, lighting, acoustics, technology and MEP system and furniture system
- High degree of professionalism and ability to develop effective relationships with both internal and external customers
- Positive leader and team player with a desire to learn and embrace the empowered people culture of Cox
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and a track record of delivering excellence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and manage competing priorities. Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and documentation skills across multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to think strategically to analyze the needs of the business and define solutions
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.