VEHICLE INSPECTIONS REP
If you like cars and have an eye for all that’s right and wrong with everything on wheels, this could be the role for you. It's a cool gig, visiting different dealerships each day, talking with lots of interesting people, and working outdoors. The Manheim Express Automotive Inspectors are responsible for providing complete vehicle condition reports onsite at our client's locations.
This position requires the daily use of a personal vehicle to visit multiple auto dealerships in the area. You must reside (in, near, within): Temecula, CA.
***New Hire Sign on Bonus of a $1,000 available after 90 days of employment with Manheim!***
What You’ll Do
Inspectors look over vehicles to identify the flaws and faults and document it all!
***This position requires the daily use of a personal vehicle to visit multiple auto dealerships in the local area.***
- Verify vehicle information– identify damage and mechanical problems (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment).
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation.
- Locate, start, move, inspect, and return vehicles on dealer’s lots safely.
- Understand basic NAAA frame/structure guidelines as well as common vehicle condition flaws and how to identify them.
- Understanding of Baseline Inspections & vehicle grading
- Perform basic mechanical checks on vehicles including powertrain, drivetrain, and electrical components.
- Functions as a solid team player and work closely with teammates, field sales, and customer care to create a superior customer experience.
- Will partner with our Clients to inspect vehicles at their location. There will also be responsibility to ask for more inventory when at Clients location.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- 3 years of experience in related field.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Reliable transportation is required. Mileage reimbursed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Motivated and ability to work with remote supervision.
- Good organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge
- Familiarity with unibody and full-frame vehicles
- SalesForce.com experience
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs. at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Subject to outside environmental conditions on a daily basis
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.