We believe in an Autonomous, Connected, Electric, and Shared (ACES) fleet future. We're dedicated to accelerating this transformation by building the capabilities and interfaces needed to power it. Our technology-forward solutions serving automotive manufacturers, fleet managers, dealers, and rental companies continue to advance the emerging MaaS (Mobility as a Service) ecosystem and uniquely positions Cox Automotive as the leader in the mobility space.
We are looking for an exceptional mind to innovate, design, iterate, and scale our technology enabled solutions that drive greater efficiency throughout the fixed and mobile maintenance & repair processes of our Fleet Service businesses while delighting our Technicians and Customer journey with the right digital experience.
You should be empathetic and deeply understand Fleet Managers (especially medium and heavy-duty trucks) as well as the daily life and jobs of Service Technicians, Service Advisors, Dispatchers/Coordinators and Parts Managers. You must have strategic mindset to articulate the problem/opportunity space, the technical know-how to write and visualize the requirements with stakeholders, a track-record of interfacing with your engineering counterparts in an agile development environment to optimize the solution/software creation, as well as understand how to take these products/solutions to market and iterate based on research and feedback.
· Conduct customer/market/job research; formulate an in-depth understanding opportunities, unmet/underserved needs across customer segments and the competitive landscape.
· Illustrate market problems in a way that puts the problem in context.
· Collaborate to design rapid prototype and validate solutions.
· Works with clients and client facing teams to understand market needs and areas of opportunities; continuously monitors product performance and market competition
· Create and maintain product vision and roadmaps; create business plans to secure funding; develop go-to-market strategy and value proposition. Provide relevant, timely and easily consumable updates to all internal and external audiences.
· Manage feature creation, identify business rules, business impact, risks and dependencies; collaborate with other product managers to ensure alignment across products; participate in planning and pre/post-planning events.
· Works deeply with scrum teams, architects, UX designers, other product managers, operations, and product marketing (post discovery) to define product requirements, deliver new product capabilities and ensure our solution meets well defined requirements and the prioritize roadmap
· Build effective relationships between Product, Engineering and business stakeholders; collaborate with Engineering to scope, build, and launch new products and features.
Sales & Client Engagement :
· Partner with sales, product readiness, and marketing teams to articulate go-to-market strategy – including measurement and goals
· Assess product performance against KPIs; iterate to improve performance; create and deliver thoughtful information to key stakeholders
· Ensure our products are delivering on targeted financial, strategic, and operational short to mid-term commitments
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering/Computer Science, HCI/Design, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in product management, engineering, UX design/research, or strategy/innovation consulting (or equivalent combination of post-graduate education and work-related experience); exceptional applicants with less experience will be considered.
- Automotive and/or Fleet industry experience (even better if you have experience building software solutions in the fixed/mobile Service Operations space)
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit: smart; logical but creative; conceptual and empirical; owner and influencer; tremendous ability to synthesize information; intuition for users and organizations; thrive with ambiguity; thirst to understand the “why” and the “how”.
- Strong technical understanding and interest. Have opinions on technology decisions that our engineers will value and respect.
- Ability to communicate and influence across teams.
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional, and complex team environment.
- Develops a wide breadth of knowledge across the industry or business. Our customers will view you as an authority and subject matter expert in your area.
Nice to have:
- Track record of using Design Thinking and Jobs To Be Done mapping
- Prior entrepreneurial experience
- Experience with ethnographic and evaluative research, customer journey mapping, and service design
- Experience with the latest design & protyping software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Development experience, including personal projects
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.