Dealertrack , a brand of Cox Automotive, is currently looking for a Software Engineer II to join our successful Engineering team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our Engineering Team:
Our Software Engineers are passionate influencers who have built a premier software platform for auto dealers and are thinkers with the tenacity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. We weave collaboration and support into the fabric of everything we do. Hackathons 2-3 times per year offer the opportunity to network and spark innovation. You’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individual talents, cultivates teamwork and dynamics and provides multiple opportunities for creative problem-solving. Our team members collaborate and learn from each other to continually improve our practice of software engineering. We forge an environment of mentorship to shape our culture.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II , working with .NET Microservices in AWS. This candidate will join a stellar team of strong, self-motivated developers and engineers developing high-volume, performance and availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies. While this is an individual contributor role, you will help ensure the consistent use of shared platform components, as well as design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for other engineering teams.
Technologies We Use:
.NET Core, AWS (Fargate, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.), Git, Terraform, Node.js, NuGet, NPM, Docker, DB2, React
- Design and develop highly scalable software products with extensive code coverage using microservice architecture
- Maintain existing applications built in C#/.net core and React
- Maintaining a high level of quality in every development solution
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
- Participate in On-call rotation with the team (once every 6 weeks)
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Computer Science major, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL technologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience building software applications with .NET (Core or Framework)
- Understanding of the full stack of components required to run an application
- Trunk based development using Git
- Familiarity with OOP, SOLID and REST principles
Preferred (If you have these, we’re thrilled!):
- Understanding of automated deployments and release orchestration
- Familiarity using container tools such as Docker for application development and deploys
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and design concepts
- Understanding of the AWS infrastructure or similar cloud architecture
- Have practiced Agile processes and principals
- Familiarity with deployment automation tools such as Terraform and Codebuild
- An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc.
- Familiarity with various Cloud and other monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, New Relic, Splunk)
Who We Are + What We Do:
Dealertrack is the leading provider of digital solutions for automotive retail. Combining dealer perspectives, consumer insights, and tech-fueled innovation we’ve built a marketing, sales, and operations platform that’s helping to transform the automotive retail industry. Dealertrack’s offices span 20 locations coast to coast, and each site is committed to nurturing wellness, growth and creativity with fitness centers, wellness classes, training and professional development courses, nutrition-first cafeterias and more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.