At Cox Enterprises, we’re plotting the story of our future. Our company’s mission – solving the most pressing challenges of our time – is already in motion. We’re searching for leaders to craft the next chapter of our amazing story that has been in the making for more than 120 years. With more than 8 million unique website visitors every month and more than 100,000 subscribers, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a vast reach and influence in one of the most dynamic, diverse and influential cities in America. We pride ourselves on our journalistic integrity, the quality of our reporting and the servicing of our advertising and news customers.
To that end, we’re looking for a Director, Subscription Acquisitions and Growth for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution to help in the strategy, planning, execution and optimization to ensure our subscription targets are met. This role will help in developing paid media strategies, improve digital product experience, test purchasing experience, develop creative assets, analyze campaign results and more. Keep reading to learn more about what we have to offer.
What’s In It For You
This is a big opportunity…and a major responsibility. Here’s a look at the best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture at Cox:
· You’ll be on the receiving end of Cox’s competitive pay, generous incentives and benefits, and other compensation perks.
· Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one where human relationships, human intelligence and human passions lead us to innovation and technology breakthroughs. So, it’s our goal to make sure you always feel recognized for your contributions.
· Cox is a fourth-generation family-owned company. We understand the importance of balancing life outside work. For you to do your best work, you need an outstanding company culture supporting you. And as part of our team, you’ll have the unique opportunity and awesome responsibility of helping to build that environment through the talent you attract to our growing organization. Our diverse, inclusive culture thrives because of the reciprocal trust we work so hard to foster between our leadership and our teams. At Cox, you’re working in an environment that supports collaboration through innovation, and real change driven by leaders like you.
Our benefits packages are designed to support your unique needs for health and happiness. You’ll be able to explore our myriad benefits and select the ones that best support you and your family.
What You’ll Do
Directs subscription sales through all channels
- Manages consumer revenue from channels such as Kiosk, Crews, Ecommerce, Direct Mail, Events, Telemarketing and other innovative channels to drive subscription sales.
- Works very closely with external vendors to achieve subscription and revenue goals.
- Works closely with analytics/operations team to target the right consumers and report results.
- Directs consumer revenue sales teams and marketing on rating and creative strategy.
- Ensures sales teams are trained.
- Manages eCommerce subscription flow messaging and user experience starting from website entryways through the purchase.
- Collaborates and communicates sales plans and results across business teams.
- Works extensively with marketing, operations, and analytics teams to ensure best practices.
- Collaborates with content and advertising sales teams to drive results.
Leadership of Team
- Sets direction and holds team accountable for revenue and subscription achievement
- Coaches team to improve/enhance design, test, and adjust approach
- Provides regular feedback to team and documents achievements as well as opportunities within and outside of company performance processes
Who You Are
- 10+ years of digital marketing experience, or relevant experience in direct-to-consumer subscription marketing.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in leading teams
- ROI-driven, digital-centric capabilities with the ability to anticipate media consumption trends and emerging opportunities.
- Knowledge and understanding of building digital marketing strategies.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely recommendations to management.
- Impeccable time management and ability to work effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle projects independently, supervise them to be completed and able to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and new ideas.
- Strong initiation and self-motivated.
- Able to work well in a team, proactive with a 'can do' attitude.
Lead Cox and the AJC into a better future. Apply today
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.