CALL CENTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
Connections are important, and we’re not talking about pairing a Bluetooth. We’re talking about that remarkable connection that happens between a customer and an associate who truly “gets” their needs. It’s that contagious “I wanna keep coming back” connection that we aspire to make as commonplace as hipster podcasts.
We’re Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses. We built our business and our brand on the notion of connections, with our customers and with our employees. We’re on a quest for a full-time Call Center Customer Experience Associate – Work From Home who shares our passion for connectivity. This is a person who has some flexibility and is open to working a non-traditional schedule.
If you’re looking for a great company and want to work from home, this could be the job for you. As part of a customer experience driven team, you will earn an hourly rate of $18.00. You will earn an extra $1.25/hour from 6pm-10pm and/or an extra $2.25/hour from 10:01pm-6am. We have a shift bid process that you will go through before you are finished with the training program. During this time you will work with your Onboarding Supervisor when schedules are shared for you to select. Our schedules are dependent on the needs of the business and when our customers need us. Therefore, you will see a mix of schedules that are 8 hour and/or 10 hour schedules for you to choose from. The schedules provided will match our operating model of a 24x7, 7 days a week, both weekend days and holidays, call center environment and may vary by location. If it sounds like we’re on your frequency, then keep reading.
NOTE: There could be a live video interview required during our recruitment process.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be a real-time troubleshooter for customers in need, helping them get their heads around their equipment and how to use it. From changing passwords to setting DVRs, you’ll help them navigate challenges with clarity and professionalism. No IT degree required, just a passion for helping customers.
You’ll strive to resolve issues on the first call, ensuring our customers never get lost in a frustrating call transfer maze. You’ll also provide world-class service by selling them solutions that enrich their experiences.
And speaking of customer experiences, you’ll totally own that. That means you’ll be expected to think and act in ways that put our customers first, exceeding their expectations with world-class customer service.
What’s In It For You?
- Hey, what’s a great job without the best possible technology at your fingertips? We know you’re going to need the best workspace tools and technology and Cox makes sure you have the most innovative equipment and resources available so you can always be.
- There’s no firewall between you and competitive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). Need to download some other benefits? We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO), offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (cool, right?) and much more.
- Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can always continue sharpening your skills. And we’ll encourage you to explore opportunities within the Cox family of businesses — from smart home automation and green modes of transportation to esports and clean energy— so that you can always look for new challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- While we’re looking for flexibility, we’re also offering it! You like working from the comfort of your home, shoes off with your pup by your side? You can kick it in your own crib, connecting with customers remotely while working from home .
- For you to do your best work, you need an outstanding company culture supporting you. At Cox, we strive to be mindful of your bandwidth, with flexibility and a focus on quality of life. Our diverse, inclusive culture invites you to bring your authentic self to work. The mutual trust between our leadership and our teams means you’re working in an environment that supports collaboration through innovation, and real change driven by people like you.
Who You Are
You’re as comfortable with customers as you are with computers, handling both with sage-like wisdom and patience. Constant change doesn’t clog up your bandwidth. You can adapt to whatever comes your way with curiosity and enthusiasm. You’re personable, creating authentic connections with customers and can be a product ambassador to educate them on our products and services.
You’re confident in your ability to troubleshoot technical issues and upsell when the moment is right. You’re always aiming for the Cloud, dedicated to constant improvement of your technical skills, knowledge, and understanding.
Qualifications - External
- High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience
- 6 months experience providing customer service or selling products and services
- You must live within the Oklahoma City area and surrounding communities
- You must have high-speed internet connection available in your home
- Live within an area of the Oklahoma City location and surrounding communities where Cox Communication services are available
- 6+ months of experience troubleshooting basic hardware, software, and/or connectivity issues
- 6+ months of experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
- Keen aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus
- 1-2 years of work experience in a customer service role, not necessarily specific to call centers
- Enthusiastic and personable, with the ability to adapt and thrive in constant change
- Previous telecommunications experience
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.