Video may have killed the radio star, but nothing will touch 5G New Radio. But first, we’ve got to get it out there. That’s where you come in.
Cox Communications is on the lookout for a Senior Wireless RAN Engineer to aid our Wireless Engineering Technology team in the deployment of our state-of-the-art 5G NR networks. Do you have an insatiable thirst for new and innovative technology? Are you excited by all things engineering? Keep reading! We may have just the role for you.
What’s In It For You?
Our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture reflect our dedication to the people who make us what we are. Here are some examples of what’s in store for you:
• We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
• Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
• We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
• You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
• As you grow your family, rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
• Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
• Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
• Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
• We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
Our people come first…and that’s not just a company line. Our benefits packages are designed to support your unique needs for health and happiness. As an employee, you’ll be able to explore our myriad benefits and select the ones that best support you and your family.
What You’ll Do
You’re an expert in the wireless industry, and you’ll bring that expertise to every task. As the team grows and the wireless roadmap expands, there will be multiple opportunities for development and advancement. For now, here’s a peek at your responsibilities:
• You’ll design, build and test activities for new products, services, hardware, software and feature/functionality within our wireless use cases.
• You’ll define the solution test strategy, specify test cases, execute tests, revisit design as necessary and document your results.
• You’ll troubleshoot, diagnose and fix complex problems on Cox wireless networks.
• You’ll partner with operations team members to prepare low level designs to gain operational perspective.
• You’ll partner with your peer engineering team members to gain an understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or configurations and their implications.
• You’ll assess and continually improve lab methods and procedures.
• You’ll understand preliminary product platform concepts or high-level designs and author technical requirements.
Who You Are
You’re a logical, linear thinker who’s comfortable updating older network architecture. You’re confident in your skills and have a reputation of being a reliable problem-solver can resolve any issue brought to you. You’ll also need the following qualifications:
• Requires a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of experience as an engineer in the Wireless Communications Industry and/or Cloud IT space, OR Master’s of Science in a related discipline + 2 years of experience, OR PhD + 1 year of relevant experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of LTE and 5G NR 3GPP standards, protocol and wireless OEM architectures. And acronyms.
• Theoretical knowledge and/or hands on experience with 5G NR network design, integration and implementation as well as hands on experience with LTE networks.
• An intermediate background in network performance management.
• Hands-on experience in the design, optimization, performance management or operation of large-scale wireless networks or experience with a wireless OEM vendor.
• Fundamental knowledge in all packet-based protocols such as TCP/IP.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
The following qualifications are preferred:
• A Master of Science in electrical or computer science engineering.
• 6 years of experience as a engineer in the wireless communications industry.
• Fundamental knowledge in Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi related IEEE standards, protocol and service provider architectures.
• Intermediate knowledge in network monitoring systems and device/network management systems, like SNMP, etc.
• Fundamental knowledge in scripting.
• Knowledge in DOCSIS access and provisioning technologies.
Do you want to help society step boldly into the future of 5G? Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.