The Community Impact Coordinator is an integral part of the Corporate Responsibility & Social Impact team at Cox Enterprises. This position will create, coordinate, and execute STEAM volunteer initiatives and employee engagement projects, input data for the internal engagement platform, and manage Atlanta teambuilding.
This position will also support team members with overall project and company deadline reminders, various administrative tasks as well as data entry, PowerPoint deck creation and collection of employee volunteer stories and pictures.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, executive presence, ability to manage changing priorities with multiple team interactions, and a high proficiency in time management are imperative to the success of this role. Other skills should include but are not limited to ability to self-motivate, meet critical deadlines, organized, collaborative and professional. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving challenges for underserved communities through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) innovation.
- Manage Atlanta-focused teambuilding projects
- Responsible for project management and execution of large-scale Atlanta-focused community projects, specifically within STEAM focus area; including recruiting and managing volunteers, working with nonprofit partner to plan events, day-of logistics, and follow-up
- Plan and coordinate on-campus volunteer projects,
- Manage virtual volunteer projects as necessary
- Manage monthly and quarterly community, volunteer, and programmatic stories for CSR communications needs
- Support the preparation of CSR department presentations and reports
- Data entry and content creation for CSR employee engagement portal (Cox Impact)
- Management of various CSR email inboxes
- Provide planning, management and logistical support for various projects as requested by CSR department
- Perform information gathering and project-related research as needed
- Back-up support for CSR team members as needed
- Develops and implements innovative STEAM related community engagement solutions
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in corporate community relations, nonprofit/volunteer coordination, or project management
- BA/BS Degree in a related field
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent ability to develop stories and insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with community partners and all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective at working independently and in collaboration with others
- Detail oriented and strategic with exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong creative and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to translate feedback and ideas into action
- Willing to be creative when working with STEAM initiatives, while understanding our nonprofit partners’ and business needs
- Prefer strong experience in STEAM, Employment Skills or Education program execution
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.