Flexible enough for the SMB and powerful enough for the enterprise, RapidScale, a Cox Business company, is a global managed cloud services provider helping organizations increase IT productivity, improve security, and empower remote workforces. Some organizations partner with RapidScale to manage portions of their IT, while others offload it all. Through our global network of data centers and our 24/7/365 high-touch support team, we obsess over creating an exceptional IT experience through a human approach to managed cloud.
Murphy’s Law basically says that anything that can go wrong, eventually will. Even with world-class protocols, crises are sure to pop up from time to time. When they do, we rely on amazing support technicians to help make things right.
As a Cloud Support Technician for RapidScale – a Cox Business company – you’re cool, calm and collected under pressure. You step in, assess the situation, troubleshoot the problem and walk out having conquered chaos. Read on if you’d like to show us how you give calamity the old stare-down!
What’s In It For You?
A business is only as good as the people who make it thrive. At Cox, we take pride in our people, and take care of them accordingly. Our award-winning employee culture and top-shelf benefits package speak for themselves:
· We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
· Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
· We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance, and disability insurance.
· You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
· As you grow your family, rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
· Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
· Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
· Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
· We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
And that’s not all! Cox offers a wide range of benefits options, giving you and your family the freedom to choose what’s right for you.
What You’ll Do
If you’re still reading, you’re probably passionate about innovation and career development. We provide an environment where both can thrive, and you’ll bring insight and talent to the following responsibilities:
· You’ll handle crisis management, identifying any high priority issues, escalating them to next level and running incident management processes.
· You’ll maintain multiple customer environments.
· You’ll update and manage case backlog based on internal policies.
· You’ll provide a “customer first” experience while managing cases via phone and email.
· You’ll work cohesively with your team as well as all divisions of the company.
· You’ll act as the frontline, receiving incoming calls from the support hotline.
· You’ll perform Level 1 troubleshooting on live calls and create cases with complete problem descriptions and customer details.
· You’ll resolve P3 (service at risk) & P4 (request for assistance) monitoring alerts.
· You’ll update cases with technology, sub-technology and problem code to facilitate proper queue routing.
Who You Are
Our workplace culture is positive and upbeat – just like you. You’re a born collaborator who isn’t satisfied until an issue is resolved. Aside from this can-do attitude, you’ll also need:
· One of the following: an associate degree, 2 years of technical college or 2-3 years of related work experience.
· Excellent communication, presentation and writing abilities.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· The flexibility to work alternative days and shifts as needed.
· Proficiency in computer usage, internet and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
· Basic networking skills (Ping, Trace Route, Gateway, DNS, Subnet, IP Address, MAC Address, etc.).
· Basic active directory skills.
· Basic troubleshooting fundamentals.
· A basic understanding of what the Cloud is (obvious as that may seem).
· A basic understanding of what virtualization is.
· A basic understanding of how technology interacts.
· MSP (Managed Service Provider) experience is preferred.
If you’ve been searching for an opportunity where your technical and customer support skills are celebrated, look no further. Apply today and join our team!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.