Do you have expertise in traditional and digital media sales with relationships in the travel industry? How about the ability to position the value of travel content alignment and frequent traveler audiences on websites? As an Account Executive for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, you will have access to digital, social, and print platforms that have cultivated audiences for years through our commitment to quality journalism that serves our community.
This role focuses primarily on the travel industry, providing destinations, events, attractions, and other related businesses with marketing and advertising solutions that best fit their needs. There is additional opportunity to develop other categories of business best suited to your talents and relationships with the entire AJC portfolio of products.
If this opportunity with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, part of the Cox family of businesses, sounds like something you can see yourself succeeding in, then keep reading…
What You’ll Do
You’ll be directly responsible for developing client relationships and growing revenues primarily from prospective and dormant accounts. You’ll meet and exceed your sales goals – and therefore maximize your commission. This position requires a sharp and creative mind who quickly makes connections between content and brands. It also means you will need excellent communication skills and a disciplined approach to engaging and staying connected with customers.
This gig has a lot of moving parts, which likely has you stoked, because you love being out and about and on the move! Here are some of the key responsibilities you’ll tackle:
- You’ll get up to speed quickly on revenue generating products and platforms.
- You’ll use your keen business sense to identify and qualify customers and prospects who are ideal partners.
- You’ll use a sales automation system to manage your daily activities and sales pipeline.
- You’ll build a regular cadence of communication with a large list of prospects and clients.
- You’ll demonstrate your high-level understanding of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s audiences, content, and product platforms by educating your customers on the value of our partnerships.
What’s In It For You?
As an Account Executive, you’re taking great care of us, so it’s only fair we should take great care of you as well, with the kind of incentives that inspire you to live your best life.
You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay , plus other compensation perks you’ve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., extremely generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, pet insurance and more…)
Work/Life Balance. For us to be us, you need to do you. Job flexibility is central to our culture because team members have different working styles and important stuff going on outside the office, too.
Smart and creative colleagues, plus ongoing learning opportunities . You’ll have the tools and team you need to do your job well without a lot of red tape. Plus, we know how important it is for you to stay brushed up on your marketing knowledge and skills, so we invest in your ongoing training along the way to make sure you have what you need to help you along your career path.
Boundless career opportunities for lateral and upward movement across a high-performing enterprise spanning diverse industries. You’ll have the chance to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses. In the future, you may have the opportunity to hone your marketing skills in other sectors where we operate like smart home automation, new forms of transportation mobility or esports.
Who You Are
- We’re counting on you to have earned a High School Diploma as well as a college level education, or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or some related field.
- You’re an Account Executive, and with that comes certain traits: positive, proactive, ambitious, people-focused, outcome-focused, solutions-focused.
- You’re all kinds of focused.
- Collaboration is squarely in your comfort zone, with both clients and colleagues, but you’re also independent and can run with the ball whenever it’s in your hands.
- You can spot a revenue opportunity from miles away, and get up close and personal with details and analytics.
- Cold calls aren’t cold for long! You enjoy meeting people, getting to know them, and helping them achieve a higher level of success!
- You communicate clearly, whether on the phone, in writing, or in person. Your track record shows that you’re a winner, yet you’re always setting that next goal, so you can keep improving your game and your business.
- You’re a road warrior. Who wants to be sitting in an office when you could be out talking to people?!
Join the Cox family of business today and make your mark!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.