The Cox Media Sr. Advertising Operations Specialist validates scheduling of spots, monitor, and adjusts interconnect reservations as necessary, and performs the morning verification process consistent with the terms of the agreement between interconnect participants.
The position works in an office setting, most of the time, seated at a desk within a climate- controlled environment. The role requires high-volume production work. May work shift other than 8 to 5 or work extended hours because the Center supports both coasts.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Performs activities related to the Interconnect(s), which include contract, ad copy, and scheduling by deadline.
• Reserves and maintains Interconnect Reservations through Traffic and Billing software consistent with external partner contract
• Initiates and monitors process for finalizing schedule and resolves errors
• Monitors Interconnect inventory ensuring revenue maximization
• Successfully maintains communication and collaborative relationship with Interconnect partners
• Files and maintains paper and electronic documents.
• Participates in initial and follow-up function-specific and company-wide training.
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience;
• 5 or more year of experience preferred in related field
• 3 years of traffic and billing experience preferred
• 1 year customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
• Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform basic math computations, e.g., to determine whether interconnect reservations will fit in specified program segments
• Computer literacy and familiarity with Windows-based application software
• Ability to read, understand, and follow detailed instructions and procedures
• Excellent skills in accuracy, customer service, communicating in person, on the telephone or in writing, reasoning, problem-solving and troubleshooting, prioritize and handle multiple tasks n a fast-paced environment, schedule adherence and meeting deadlines, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in communications or business desired
•Two years’ experience using traffic and billing application software.
• Experience in telecommunications industry.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.