We’re hiring in Dallas / Fort Worth. Our business is growing and we’re adding automotive professionals to the team. Apply now and join us at our on-site hiring event on 9/27 to learn more!
Coordinates the physical movement of vehicles through the sales lane to the block and parking following auction. Makes and oversees the assignments of drivers, jump start/battery operators and push truck operators in promoting a smooth flow of traffic through the auctioning process.
- Conduct inspection of support equipment for proper working order
- Conduct pre-sale meeting with drivers identifying driver return routes, over flow areas, plan changes, etc.
- Conduct presale walk to ensure vehicles are in assigned lane as scheduled
- Identify and address missing vehicles, overflow areas, inoperable vehicles and other issues
- Maintain the run list indicating vehicles with no keys, late vehicle entries, and/or late number changes
- Respond to customer and dealer inquiries and concerns
- Coordinate and direct vehicle movement to maintain continuous flow of traffic to the block
- Oversee parking sold vehicles and re-parking non-sold vehicles
- Report theft, lot damage, or any safety concerns to management
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of identifying (i.e., flat tires, low gas, jump-starting vehicles.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months of auction or driving experience preferred.
- Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout preferred.
- Knowledge of LDM preferred.
- Required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear, vision abilities required to include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances.
- Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.