NextGear Capital Sales Executiv
The Sales Executive is a full-time outside sales position. The position requires a structured approach to developing new business in a defined territory. The SE will be responsible for achieving target level volumes in new applications, activations and monthly new business revenue for NextGear Capital (Cox Automotive) as well as the company’s ancillary products and services. The Sales Executive will be responsible to maintain relationships with auction general managers to maximize NextGear’s business opportunity within assigned auto auctions. The Sales Executive will work closely with NextGear Capital’s Portfolio Managers in their assigned territory to exceed budgeted goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable and educated on all products and services that NextGear Capital offers including inventory financing (floorplan) and the company's Ancillary Products and Services.
- Must have a general knowledge of all Cox Automotive products and be able to make
- recommendations to clients based on their needs.
- Develop an aggressive sales plan within a defined market.
- Build prospect list through effective cold calling, lead follow up and referrals.
- Conduct cold calls each week to solicit new relationships for NextGear Capital.
- Follow up on all leads provided daily with a sense of urgency.
- Increase overall loan volume and utilization through service calls to existing customers.
- Visit assigned inactive dealers with the goal of re-engaging the client and increasing utilization of their Line of Credit (LOC).
- Hit target levels of performance in new applications, loan development and new business on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for initial underwriting of potential NextGear Capital customers prior to accepting an application.
- Monitor applications throughout the credit process.
- Responsible for contracting and orientation of new customers.
- Manage customer experience and engagement through the first six months of dealer lifecycle.
- Hit target levels of performance in enrollments and sales of NextGear Capital’s Ancillary Products and Services.
- Develop a strong relationship with NextGear Capital Portfolio Managers.
- Conduct Monthly non-sale day visits with assigned auction General Managers.
- Increase NextGear’s business opportunity at assigned auctions through development of relationship with auction staff and its customers.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Of the automotive industry (various sectors)
- Of the finance industry (various sectors)
- Sales Management (develop leads, contract customers, portfolio growth)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Must be comfortable in a high pressure, results driven and fast paced work environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook with ability to manage high volume of electronic and voice communications
- Ability to learn company operating and reporting system plus Microsoft SalesForce
- Ability to complete Sales Foundation and Challenger Sales training
- Ability to manage problems with solutions-based approach
- Must have a proven track record of success in outside sales position
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in related field and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work related experience
- Five years of experience in outside sales and portfolio management preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance or auto industry preferred
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.