Senior Automotive Maintenance Technician (Technician III)
At Manheim (a Cox Automotive company), our Senior Automotive Maintenance Technicians mix maintenance with a touch of magic. If you love cars, you’ll be a perfect fit for the team. Keep reading to learn about this opportunity!
You might be asking “what’s in it for me?” Great question. Here’s a taste of the benefits we offer:
· $3,000 Sign-on bonuses (available now!).
· Once you’re on board, earn referral bonuses. Amount varies based on job type. You’ll earn at least $1K for each new eligible technician referral you provide.
· Competitive pay with opportunities for spot bonuses (up to $4.2K per year).
· 30+ days of paid vacation and company holidays per year (from day 1) for full-time employees because we know you need time to recharge. Up to 44 paid days off with more time on the job.
· Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
· At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on this link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our awesome healthcare benefits.
· 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
· Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
· Up to $1.5K in free tools for our new auto techs.
· Career growth through Cox Auto University training, opportunity for GED reimbursement, free ASE training/certification and more!
· Flexible work schedules with overtime opportunities.
· Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
· Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
· Perform preventive maintenance.
· Perform diesel and transmission repairs.
· Repair and maintain shop equipment.
· Create and maintain vehicle maintenance history.
· Troubleshoot and repair specialized trucks.
· Provide custom equipment by engaging in equipment design.
· Perform roadside assistance as needed.
Who You Are
With 5+ years of service work under your belt, you’ve got a knack for everything from electrical to fabrication work. Your qualifications include the following:
· 5+ years automotive service and repair experience.
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
· Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
· Diesel and transmission experience.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Medium/heavy work, booms/hydraulics, electrical and complex repairs experience.
· One year of customer service experience.
· A.S.E. Automotive or other related certifications.
Buckle up for a better career. Apply today!
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.