- Verify vehicle information based on work order information – identify damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems by inspecting all customer vehicles at time of receipt (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment), noting any damage or repair to frame/paint, engine noise, AC/heater operation, radio, tire condition, etc.
- Maintain knowledge to ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- Document vehicle condition completing appropriate Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) and/or computer data entry on a variety of different accounts; able to determine minor mechanical problems on test drives
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications
- Utilize ECR equipment correctly describing both damage and equipment.
- Understanding of NAAA Frame/Structure Damage Policy
- Ability to take multiple overall and damage photos
- Able to quickly adapt and implement changes in account specific frame policies
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time; ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel; ability to lift and hold at least 10lbs at waist level for an extended period of time; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Exposure to outdoor weather and inclement conditions
- Moderate noise level
- May be exposed to fumes and odors
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3years experience in the automobile field strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Strong technical understanding: body and paint with good organizational skills needed.
- Ability to multitask, follow directions and take instruction required. Advanced computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license; safe driving record
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time; ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel; ability to lift and hold at least 10lbs at waist level for an extended period of-time; ability to lift-up to 30 lbs.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.