At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
Cox Media is looking for an exceptional Local Sales Manager to lead, manage and coach a team of Account Executives who sell innovative television and digital advertising solutions to local businesses.
• Manage local sales team and oversee all sales activities creating a high-performing, fun and successful team environment
• Spends significant time with Account Executives in the field and attend client meetings to enhance account relationships and provide coaching opportunities • Attract, hire and develop new sales talent who thrive in a fast-paced, creative culture
• Use Cox Media television networks and digital advertising solutions as the foundation of marketing campaigns to grow revenue in local and regional markets
• Provide on-going training to further enhance team performance and ensure team meets and/or exceeds goals
• Communicate sales activities with senior leadership and report on sales metrics, forecasts, budget variance and other key sales metrics
• Represent Cox Media in the business community by attending local events and building relationships with key decision-makers
• 3-5 years of media, cable or digital advertising sales experience
• Strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success
• Highly organized and able to multi-task in an extremely fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of personnel • Valid driver’s license and clean driving record Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience leading a team of 5 or more people
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.