- Perform preventive maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, tire rotations and inspection of vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in accordance with all regulations.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed using company issued device.
- Maintain assigned work area clean and tidy.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and company’s safety standards.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance reports.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service vehicle and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times. Keep work quality standards high.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service vehicle, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is a plus but not required.
- 1-2 years of vehicle service and repair experience required; customer service experience preferred.
- ASE Certifications preferred, not required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must be willing to undergo a background, motor vehicle report check, and drug screen after an offer of employment has been made
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, reach, talk, hear, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and/or crawl.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements.
- Continually exposure to outside weather conditions
- Protective equipment must be worn including but not limited to uniform, safety vest, gloves, and protective eyewear
- Be available to work day and/or night hours, depending on the needs of the location/business
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in work environment
- Diversity – shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promotes a harassment free environment
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Technology - comfortable using various forms of technology including but limited to smart devices and applications
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
- Hourly pay rate is $20.67 - $31.01/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.