Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Analyzes secondary research data (including quantitative and qualitative) to demonstrate value for Cox Media products and takes initiative to find growth opportunities and recommend solutions based on findings.
- Provides high-touch research support to Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists for developing customized solutions and presentations geared towards securing business from high spend/high potential clients.
- Proactively collaborates with and provides Inside Sales channel, Cox Residential and Business with competitive information, research data, and related market information to build and execute on sales and marketing strategies, support local cross-channel inventory, and identify cross-over opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out top programming stories and works in partnership with Marketing Communications Specialist to translate into client facing material.
- Applies advanced problem-solving skills to business issues related to secondary research data including methodology, reporting parameters and disparities in data
- Customizes research-based tools to provide reports that enable Sales to drive revenue.
- Develops and delivers research-based training for Sales, Sales Services and new hire orientation.
- Provides data, programming information and analysis to Marketing Communications Specialists to support sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages.
- Proactively collaborates with Marketing Communications Specialist to perform deep dive analysis into customer segments and identify market opportunities.
- Performs marketplace analysis of television viewing and media usage trends on a consistent basis, as well as analysis as needed on campaign performance, report lead and demand generation campaign analytics, and performance of other Cox Media marketing initiatives.
- Summarizes and communicates market research and programming information to Sales and Marketing leadership, Sales Consultants and Sales Service Specialists, and clients through training, sales tools, “head storyteller” presentation templates, and client facing materials.
- Proactively collaborates with Finance to perform marketplace revenue and share analysis and trending to enable Sales Leadership to evaluate market opportunities. Utilizes secondary research sources such as Kantar, economic data, SQAD, and local media intelligence.
- Proactively collaborates with Inventory to generate ratings estimates for upcoming high-profile programming opportunities in an effort to assign appropriate value for pricing.
- Prepares and presents information directly to clients on a regular basis.
- Represent Cox Media on industry media research-related committees and project teams.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of marketing techniques, Cox Media and competitor services.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- External candidates - 4 years experience preferred researching and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data in a related field (Internal candidates- 3 years)
- 1 year media research experience
- 2 years experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in Excel required.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, communicating effectively, delivering customer service, formal presentations, functional competence, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, sales opportunity analysis, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field.
- 3 years media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Functionality with Access databases a plus.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
What's In It For You?
At Cox Media, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
• First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
• We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Media strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
• We also offer boundless opportunities for growth you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.