For some folks, there's no greater place to be than behind the wheel. And getting paid to be behind the wheel as a valued member of a tight-knit team? Well, that's an even sweeter ride. So, whether you're looking for a part-time gig for some extra cash, or a full-time role with career growth, Manheim may very well be your destination.
Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses, is the world's largest wholesale auto auction. We're looking for people whose skill in driving vehicles makes them a natural for moving vehicles of every imaginable variety around Manheim's massive auction lots.
What You'll Do
This position is responsible for leading a team of drivers to ensure auction vehicles are moved safely, efficiently and accurately throughout the auction property. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Efficiently and effectively utilize tools and technology to increase driver productivity and track each vehicle moved with its lot location.
- Utilize mobile devices to ensure proper flow of vehicles.
- Assist supervisor in directing the work of employees.
- Communicate schedules and assignments to the crew members.
- Orient and instruct new drivers regarding their job duties.
- Perform daily maintenance and routine checks of the van and clean and service the vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct. Colorado traffic laws apply to movement on the lot.
- Assist customers and coworkers alike. If necessary, inflate tires and jump-start vehicles using portable batter boxes.
What's In It For You?
You'll be rewarded with competitive pay and employee discounts through various retailers.
If you are a full-time employee, there are more terrific benefits, such as paid vacation time, paid holidays, comprehensive healthcare, life & disability insurance, and more! And, did we mention that we offer Tuition Reimbursement after one year with us?
You'll work in a culture that truly values your role and you as a person. We get that recognition is important, and Cox works to uplift and celebrate those who help make us successful every day.
You're looking for certain things out of a job, and were looking for certain things from a new team member. Here's what it takes to hop in the driver's seat for this opportunity:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Good team player who can assist and support others.
- Work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Be dependable.
- Provide clear and thorough information to others (e.g., verbal, written, (etc.).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Basic mechanical knowledge (i.e., changing flat tires, checking fluids, jump-starting vehicles.)
- Ability to effectively use mobile devices including scanners to manage workflow.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
- Hourly pay rate is $15.72 - $23.56/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.