Manheim, a Cox Automotive brand, is hiring for a Part-Time Driver in Fairfield, NJ.
Schedule: 29-hour work week (see below for hours):
- Monday: 8 hours
- Tuesday 4 hours
- Wednesday: 8 hours
- Friday: 8 hours
- This position is responsible for the safe moving, staging, and parking of vehicles on Auction property, driving vehicles to and from Auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through Auction sale lanes on designated sale days and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
- Drive vehicles through Auction lanes on sale day in a safe manner.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated areas on Auction premises and to and from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, and rules of the road and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Line up and park vehicles in the correct order as directed by the supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate "lost" vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires and jump-start vehicles using a battery box and air tank. Notify the supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative; notify the Service or Gas Truck Driver when the vehicle is out of gas.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to lift about 25 pounds
- Must be able to bend, crouch, and kneel throughout the day
- Must be able to get in and out of a vehicle about 75 times during a work shift
- Must be able to work outside in conditions
- Must have a clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Good team player who can assist and support others.
- Work cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Be dependable.
- Provide clear and thorough information to others (e.g., verbal, written, etc.).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.