At Cox Communications, we connect people to the things they love. Now we would like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
The Senior Manager Martech and Platform Management will lead the CommsTech operations and execution of all 1:1 customer facing communications across the enterprise - as well as the associated marketing technology and data required – to accurately deliver more than 550M customer impressions per year. A critical component of achieving our vision for Unified Customer Communications (UCC) – a customer-centric and holistic approach to customer communications strategy – is modernizing our comms tech and moving to a more agile implementation processes, with strong focus on compliance and quality assurance. This role is critical to establishing and continuously evolving best in class, enterprise-wide campaign production standards and best practices, production engineering improvements, and the appropriate CommsTech ecosystem while also fostering a high performing, collaborative, and adaptive team.
This leader must have a foundation in platform management and maintenance, systems monitoring, should understand the system development life cycle, and managing production operations vendor team that support our systems 24x7. The role requires strong experience with managing marketing technology and driving process improvements and change management. The candidate is an excellent communicator and collaborator, accountable for process, guiding the creation of new processes to enable our Marketing team to be more effective and self-sufficient.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses a strong record of accomplishment, consisting of a willingness and ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments to deliver on project objectives.
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most valuable resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Leads one full time employees and 4 contract resources via our 3PL partner in effectively managing multiple marketing platforms like Adobe Campaign and custom applications built in AWS
- Working knowledge of and experience in leading implementation teams that develop targets and workflows within Adobe and/or Salesforce, build templates, QA, and provide 24/7 service SLAs
- Manage schedule-based and real-time data feeds into the Marketing applications
- Manage vendor teams supporting the applications 24x7 and ensure timely triage, solutioning and communication of issues based on defined SLAs
- Experience in AWS services, components, and ability to implement business logic and rules to create tree-like navigation or path in Event Gateway (our real time triggering system)
- Experience in managing Remedy queue or other ticketing system to triage issues in timely fashion for cloud applications is required; partners closely with Technology teams to triage issues, and actively input and manage tickets for resolution in internal and external systems
- Develops and manages strong partnerships with boundary and third-party partners to ensure coordinated implementations and deployments across multiple internal and external teams
- Leads selection, implementation, and maintenance of key applications, processes and technologies that are required for 1:1 customer communication. This encompasses supporting than 12 applications (Adobe Campaign, AEP & JO, Message Center, SMS Gateway, Event Gateway, Liveclicker, Litmus, Contact Engine, Workfront, Quickbase, Stensul and Invoca ), as well as involvement with many peripheral technologies and applications required for execution
- Interacts with technology to ensure the successful implementation of business intent
- Delivers an engagement model that encompasses business, vendor and technology roles and responsibilities relative to 24x7 application support to ensure no system down time or customer facing impacts
- Collaborates and partners closely with Consumer Analytics, ACOE and Technology relative to data integration, optimizing use of intelligence and migrating towards more AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven decisioning
- Work directly with the Director to routinely produce and deliver executive-ready results & insights to cross-functional teams and senior leadership along with recommendations for improvement to future communications tactics and strategy
- Anticipates industry trends and applies as appropriate; ensures active roadmap is available and socialized with key partners
- Works closely with senior leadership to fully understand business priorities relative to comms tech modernization, representing the needs of Marketing, Care, Field, Sales, and Product
- Provides career pathing for the organization that enables them to continue to grow their technical skills, while advancing both within their vertical and across other teams
- BA/BS degree and 8 years of related experience, OR MS degree and 6 years of related experience, OR Ph.D. and 3 years of related experience OR High school diploma/GED and 12 years of related experience
- 8+ years of experience managing large projects for large/enterprise organizations
- 5+ years of experience with implementing Marketing Clouds or similar multi-channel marketing automation stack
- 5+ years of experience in an application support and monitoring role
- 5+ years of experience integrating marketing technology with enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools like New Relic and AWS Cloudwatch
- Requires strong knowledge of digital marketing ecosystems and processes along with the roles that data marts and advanced analytics play in marketing
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills; works collaboratively with teams throughout the organization
- Experience implementing or improving business processes using agile marketing methodologies
- 3+ years of experience using Adobe Campaign Classic
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Compensation includes a base salary of $127,800.00 - $213,000.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.