Senior Network Security Consultant
Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Network Security Consultant who will report to the Manager of Network Security. This individual will join a team that partners closely with Cox Engineering for the development and execution of processes and standards to ensure secure network design. The Senior Network Security Consultant will also be responsible for the delivery of security-related initiatives addressing internal and external business risks.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general Business, Technology and Security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organization boundaries to validate network security controls in infrastructure designs and risk mitigation strategies.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop, execute, and measure processes to ensure secure network design. Examples include review of high-risk firewall rules against developed standards and the establishment of IDS/IPS policy lifecycle activities.
- Audit network security controls against developed standards and drive the remediation of gaps.
- Support the Security Operations Center from a network security perspective during incident response events.
- Drive delivery of network security initiatives, including requirements gathering and deliverable alignment.
- Facilitate network security reviews of proposed application and infrastructure designs.
- Develop and maintain strategic vendor relationships to ensure technology and support needs are being met.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc) and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience.
- Working knowledge of network device placement and configuration of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of well-known Internet TCP and UDP-based protocols.
- Working knowledge of the OSI model.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Working knowledge of remote access technologies and implementation best practices.
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 7 years of experience in related field.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experience.
- AWS/GCP/Azure architecture/cloud security experience.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $105,700.00 - $176,100.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.