The Senior Customer Care Specialist (formerly Sr Dealer Concierge) serves as point-of-contact for Dealer Support escalations as well as Sales and Dealer customers in a contact center environment as well as a source of coaching and mentoring for the team. Additional responsibilities include serving as the primary contact for resolving inter-departmental escalations. The Senior Customer Care Specialist assists their Supervisor and other department management by handling ad hoc tracking of information, ad hoc analysis and account research requests, serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on department processes and transfer knowledge to Dealer Support team members.
- Deliver end to end support including answering phone calls, responding to emails, product troubleshooting, service issue resolution and account information maintenance, while educating Dealers and Sales customers about the AutoTrader.com products, processes, and systems.
- Complete Service Recovery activities if an interaction does not lead to client satisfaction including researching and resolving the issue, speaking with the client and coaching the Dealer Support agent that handled the original interaction.
- Assist Supervisors with floor activities (resource and queue management) as needed and during Supervisors absence.
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution for escalated customers’ requests.
- Identify process issues, root causes and recommend solutions utilizing expert knowledge of AutoTrader.com and Kelley Blue Book organization, products/packages, process, and technology.
- May be assigned to serve as a subject matter expert for Project teams, Training and other business partners.
- Familiarity with computer hardware, Windows PC and ATC system applications, which includes the ability to learn complex applications and apply new knowledge.
- Responsive to management's requests and suggestions; takes direction well.
- Manages and prioritizes workload and develops goals to help meet departmental daily service level agreements.
- Demonstrates excellent negotiation skills to strive for win-win solutions
- Understands customers’ needs / challenges and takes ownership of potential issues, communicates and delivers objective resolutions and educates customers professionally.
- Monitors progress on assigned customer service issues and utilizes all available resources properly to facilitate and provide timely follow up and accurate resolution to internal and external customers.
- Maintains a professional and positive demeanor at all times and utilizes appropriate conflict management techniques when involved with difficult / stressful situations or customers.
- Maintains timely follow-up, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions and responds to customer service inquiries in writing or phone as often as necessary to ensure satisfaction.
- Consistently meets or exceed established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards.
- Keeps management abreast of all outstanding issues.
- Adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to resolve the more complex service issues.
- Assists Supervisors with work load balancing.
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality improvement initiatives and recommends related improvements/enhancements.
- Support communication of all project workload status to management and keep Sales stakeholders informed of workload status and all related issues
- Supporting day-to-day workload activities to include coordination of activities among team members, quality control of delivered results and production of project reports as required
- Work closely with various internal and external resources to help facilitate successful Sales project workload delivery within expected SLAs
- Strives to set the example for others to follow.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 4+ years customer service and/or contact center experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including until 8 PM EST, overtime, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Interest in gaining knowledge and expertise of AutoTrader.com and Kelley Blue Book products, processes and technology.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of change.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and demonstrate initiative to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- Ability to work in a collaborative problem-solving environment and provide coaching and feedback to a variety of personalities.
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, decision making, and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and positive demeanor in presentation collaboration and communication.
- Ability to perform duties requiring frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting for long periods, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, multi-tasking with general office equipment, multiple computer software applications, and long periods working at a computer.
- Ability to perform duties remotely, or in a semi-private, workstation with moderate surrounding noise level due to representatives speaking with customers or other office personnel.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.