Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, CAMFS provides maintenance scheduled and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
CAMFS is currently hiring an EMS Technician Level II is a mid-level Technician and will be responsible for performing certified DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and follow-up repairs, light mechanical/hydraulic/electrical and electronic diagnostics, and other duties as assigned. May also perform some scheduled dedicated work on various customer fleets in addition to providing emergency roadside service. Requires creative thinking for solving problems in emergency situations and self-management of the workday. Must be able to make decisions effectively and efficiently using critical thinking skills, provide excellent customer service, understand the importance of attention to detail, and always maintain situational awareness. Requires extreme flexibility in scheduling and the ability to function effectively and efficiently in emergency situations. This role follows established processes and procedures for making repairs or performing maintenance procedures, establishing, and maintaining safety practices on the job, and documenting work order information. The EMS Technician II strives for excellence in the work they perform and ensures quality of output
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Participate in regularly scheduled safety training. Remain up to date on safety protocols and procedures to maintain a culture of safety and compliance.
- Document according to company standards and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”) using company issued device and our proprietary application, PRONTO
- Communicate with management, team members, and Dispatch via Microsoft Office products and other communication methods such as email, or phone call to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers, and/or discuss findings and notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Independently manage parts inventory and equipment on company-issued service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Work with clients and customers to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Confer with customers, Dispatch, and/or Sales team to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet Cox Automotive Mobility minimum driving qualification standards.
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or withing 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Power Technician on medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair or equivalent combination of technical education/certifications/skill/experiences.
- Must be 21 years or olde
Why Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services?
- $35-$40 hourly depending on experience
- Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
- Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Extreme weather gear (Cold & Hot)
- Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
- Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
- Laptop & company cellphone provided
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Dedicated career path – ‘Over 50% of our front-line managers are promoted from within’.
- Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
- 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
- Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
- Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
- Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.