- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and the necessary follow up repairs to Class 6-8 trucks in a shop environment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Repair Orders (“RO”).
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to standard repair times.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with team members and customers.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to use diagnostic equipment independently or with some help.
- Able to perform various repairs from a simple PM/DOT & brakes to clutches, engine & exhaust after-treatment repairs.
- Willing to run customer service calls for customers at their locations when needed.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 type of vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is preferred, but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
· Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
· 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
· Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
· Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
· Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
· Pet Insurance
· Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
· Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.