- Organize and maintain the placement of vehicles within the designated zone or move area to the defined standard established by lot operations leadership.
- On a daily basis utilize information from the Supervisor and Lot Ops dashboards to make move decisions to stage their assigned zone area.
- Responsible for continuous improvement efforts relating to safety and efficient movement of vehicles in and out of their assigned zone area.
- Move vehicles and stage them in a safe arrangement to their proper work destinations to eliminate multiple drop off points and less than full loads.
- Confirm that all vehicles can operate safely and engage service and tow teams when inoperable vehicles are found.
- Label vehicles with sale and routing labels to maintain accurate movements and eliminate the need for crew leaders to print and label staged units before transport.
- Communicate with crew leaders and managers regarding the status of inventory levels within the defined move area and make the decision of what is priority.
- Set an example in behavior by championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Implement all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Be a visible representation of Manheim’s safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures, and modeling the behaviors related to these directives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of identifying (i.e., flat tires, low gas, jump starting vehicles.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months auction or driving experience preferred.
- Knowledge of lot operations/lot layout preferred.
- Knowledge of LDM preferred.
- Required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear, vision abilities required to include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distance.
- Constant exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
- Support manager in coordination of the lot department
- Assisting in the coordination of sale day (i.e, driving, working out on the lanes, setting up lanes for hi-line sale, etc.)
- Assisting customer in locating their vehicles
- Working on the lot with and by yourself in staging out vehicles for bulk vans to grab
- Scanning cars you stage to a location using the TC75
- Finding lost vehicles
- Using AS400 to look up vehicle information
- Helping commercial department with redemption on Wednesday and Fridays
- Bring customer vehicles to the canopy to pick up
- Assist customer with answering any questions regarding their vehicle or paperwork
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.