- Ability to lead a team of 15 technicians to deliver company results.
- Skills in coaching/mentoring, teaching, and ‘tough love’ as it pertains to mobile technicians.
- Knowledge of the mobile work environment and challenges, maintenance practices, and CAMFS-specific requirements and processes for mobile maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts to solve issues related to the technician job.
- Ability to act with a high sense of urgency.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Able to collaborate with customers, especially customers with urgent issues, to provide solutions that meet customer requirements. Able to act as intermediary between CAMFS technicians and customers.
- Provide leadership to individuals and groups of technicians daily.
- Collaborates with Dispatch to ensure each tech is busy every day.
- Develop productivity reports and work with Hub team members to improve productivity.
- Actively work across CAMFS organizations to resolve issues related to the technician’s role.
- Meet with technicians, conduct QCIs, and safety audits as required.
- Travel to technician and customer locations frequently.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ethics & Values: Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he preaches.
- Action Oriented: Has a sense of urgency daily; is action oriented; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Technician Focus: Will seamlessly navigate from mentor/coach to ‘tough love’ manager to manage a diverse set of technicians.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers/technicians in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers/technicians and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he disagrees.
- Systems: Demonstrated ability to learn and use IT systems related to technician performance.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving: Can identify problems and develop practical solutions. Able to understand internal constraints and avoid a ‘take it or leave it’ approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent benefits : An excellent medical, dental and vision plan with a zero premium monthly contribution option, a 401(k) plan with company match, a wellness program and more.
- Strong values : We're family owned, we value our people and we have created a culture based on strong values.
- Grow your skills : We'll set you up for success with great training, as you come on board and on an ongoing basis.
- Accelerate your career : History shows that strong performers can move up to a Lead or Manager role or follow other paths within our company.
- The stability of an industry leader: Our passion for quality work and excellent customer service have helped us dominate our market. Our customers include some of the nation's largest fleet operators.
- CAMFS is now part of Cox Automotive Group
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.