- Process and re-assign titles for vehicles sold by the auction.
- Examine vehicle title for accuracy and conformity to specified requirements. Verify acceptance of the title in the state for which it is filed. Confirm accurate title VIN number, odometer reading, releases of liens, and that titles contain no alteration, etc.
- Determine negotiability of title document and assess for potential fraud. Report any title discrepancies.
- Resolve titling issues through interaction with customers, dealers and regulatory agencies. Work with manager/supervisor to negotiate price adjustment between buyer and seller for a title problem, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current DMV laws and regulations as they relate to vehicle titles and interpret titling regulations in each state for which vehicles are processed.
- Receive and route telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Perform other duties such as processing sale day transactions using the AS400 and providing customer service.
- Run outstanding title reports, review and contact sellers regarding outstanding titles.
- Issue gate passes for no-sale vehicles and purchases.
- Assist with sale day balancing activities.
- Run 15-day outstanding title report for consignment vehicles sold without title. Match invoices against report and contact sellers to obtain title. Notate title status in system.
- Assist with title and check audits.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 or more years of related experience required in the auction/automobile industry or at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Basic computer software skills required.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.