The Release Train Engineer (RTE) has primary purpose of supporting an Agile Release Train (ART) by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large environments. The RTE helps resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Active membership in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices.
- Assists the ART to relentlessly improve through the facilitation of ART Retrospectives as needed, to improve backlog management, ART reviews, sprint reviews, or ART coordination and higher-level function.
- Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross-train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
- Facilitates the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART.
- Will have Scrum Masters reporting to them directly.
- Facilitates the coordination of initiatives that cross multiple release trains.
- Coaches the Agile release train to improve in the implementation of Agile processes, practices, and mindset.
- The RTE may be called upon to lead projects that impact the ART but may not require work being added to team backlogs.
- Assisting in the execution of product vision.
- Support teams commitments and continuous growth.
- Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree + 4 year’s experience OR 8 years relevant experience.
- 4 year’s experience as Release Train Engineer , Scrum Master, or Agile Project/Program Manager
- Must have experience with collaboration and influence with Director level stakeholders
- Must understand the difference between being Agile and doing Agile
- Understands Lean thinking and implementation
- Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can:
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Persuade by influence rather than authority
- Understand and empathize with others
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software.
- Experience applying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations.
- Experience with Lean Portfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive level
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model
- Agile Certification (A-CSM, PSM, or PMI-ACP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Advanced degree in industry related subject
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) or other SAFe certifications preferred
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.