This position's responsibilities will include working to install and disassemble vehicles to prepare them for bodywork. As a Float, this position will learn the areas in the body shop and assist as needed.
- Verify the vehicle and repairs to be performed using repair orders or tracking labels before beginning repairs.
- Repair all damaged body panels as directed by management. Follow repair procedures as defined in Manheim's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Replace damaged panels or other body components as directed.
- Properly handle, apply, and dispose of any surface coatings as directed in Manheim's SOP and defined in federal, state, or local regulations.
- Finish all repairs as required to meet Manheim's customer expectations for quality.
- Report production/piece rate flag hours per repair/vehicle as directed by management.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- Inspect repaired and primed auto panels for proper body repairs and primer application.
- Mask and protect any adjacent panels from scratches or damage before final sanding.
- Prepare properly repaired and primed panels using abrasives, power tools, and hand tools.
- Avoid over-sanding or under-sanding refinish panels.
- Clean and remove all dust and other particles from the repair/refinish panels.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your manager or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in installing automotive parts required.
- Previous mechanical or bodywork experience required.
- Must be able to provide your own tools.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of bodywork, frame damage and minor mechanical repairs.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb.
- Ability to constantly enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to lift 1 - 20 pounds (i.e., hood, fenders, doors, etc).
- Manual dexterity, and repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.