How does one define “strategy”? Boiled down, it’s gathering and assembling pieces of information in a way that leads to success. Cox Communications is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist to do just that.
Are you a problem-solver? A puzzle-lover with a passion for helping businesses achieve their goals? Do you thrive in a high-energy, collaborative environment? If so, you'll love the opportunity to join our team. Keep reading!
The Cox Media Digital Marketing Manager/Strategist partners directly with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Services with the sole focus of working one-on-one with top-segment clients to develop customized digital marketing strategies and solutions to grow and protect revenue within that portion of the market. With Sales, he/she consults with high growth, high potential clients to recommend sophisticated, multi-screen, customized solutions that match Cox Media products, available market research, and best practices in digital marketing tactics to help them achieve their goals. In addition, the incumbent develops, executes, and is accountable for the results of customized digital campaigns and overseeing campaign performance and optimizations.
Internal clients are primarily the Sales team, but there is interaction with other departments as well. The role requires a fast pace of work, as well as responding to multiple demands and high pressure in order to deliver research results to accommodate others’ schedules and priorities. This is a budget-driven position that includes pressure to meet ambitious revenue goals.
Use of personal car to travel occasionally to clients’ locations within the system is expected as well as some out-of-market travel when needed. Maintains contact with external clients by phone and in person, may be called upon to participate in client presentations, and may occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. The Strategist collaborates with and assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority.
What You’ll Do
Working with Cox Media, you’ll partner with the sales team to develop digital campaigns for local businesses of all sizes. You’ll create comprehensive digital campaigns that achieve businesses’ unique goals while helping Cox Media reach our ambitious revenue goals. Here’s a peek at what you’ll do:
- Drive digital revenue growth, digital product adoption, and churn mitigation.
- Build effective consultative relationships with clients to ensure their satisfaction and develop future business opportunities.
- Partner with sales consultants and the marketing team on campaign strategy, development, and presentations.
- Attend 4-legged sales calls with sales consultants.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the sales team and top-tier clients on all Cox Media digital products, their respective value propositions, and how to demonstrate their impact.
- Manage campaign activation for top clients and assist sales consultants and sales services on elements of campaign activation.
- Utilize multiple data sources to track campaign results and prepare all-inclusive campaign reports to communicate ROI to clients. Partner with the digital sales manager and corporate product team on launches and continuing education.
- Attend job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox Media and competitor services.
- Embrace consultative selling techniques.
Who You Are
You know how to generate results through research. You’re on top of trends and our latest tech. You’ve never met a deadline you didn’t like, and you’ve never missed one either. The following qualifications come with you:
- Experience with developing and implementing cross-channel digital campaigns.
- Experience with multiple Demand Side Platforms, DV360, Amazon DSP, Google Analytics, and/or Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with pixel placement, conversion tracking and attribution,
- Savvy in Microsoft Excel with an analytical mindset and an eye for detail.
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 6 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 4 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 10 years’ experience in a related field and without a college degree.
- Marketing or sales experience, including digital product experience
- Experience in development of marketing campaigns
- Strategic planning and analysis experience
- Ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Media research experience
- Windows-based PCs and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, expanding, and advancing opportunities.
- Functional competence, initiating action, inspiring innovation, continuous learning, producing results, and sales opportunity analysis in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
While not required, here are some additional talents we’d welcome, if they’re in your wheelhouse:
- 1 year digital sales, business development or sales consultation experience in a sales environment
- 2 years’ media research experience in a sales-driven organization
- Cable ad sales management experience preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
What’s In It For You?
That’s a fair question. We’re glad you asked, because we love our answer and think you will too. Here’s a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
And that’s not all! Cox supplies myriad ways to choose what’s best for you and your family. Our benefits packages are designed to support your unique needs for health and happiness.
Show us your strategy for success. Apply today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.