The Title Clerk II performs administrative and transactional services in support of various vehicle operations functions, including those associated with auctions, operations, logistics, inspections and dealer services. In this role you may work with vehicle titles, registration and/or other documents and records. You will ensure all documents and records are prepared, verified and filed according to company and regulatory requirements. You will ensure all administrative services are performed in accordance with business, process and customer expectations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative/transactional support for an assigned team or group within vehicle operations. (i.e dealer services, RegUSA, out of market)
- Performs any or all duties described for a Vehicle operations Support specialist 1 plus:
- Verifies and ensures accuracy of recorded information, including tax, forms, fees, license/vin information etc.
- Verifies that all documents are approved, signed and distributed according to established procedure
- Serves as a point of contact for employee/customer questions about policies and procedures
- Works exception queues and updates and validates title, registration and other exceptions in the system
- Assists vendors, dealers, and other third parties with questions about processes, status and issue resolution.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues for completion of title, registration and related work on behalf of internal and external customers.
- Keeps up to date with title, registration, and related regulatory requirements and changes.
- Completes title packets within given states requirements and deadlines
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and up to 1 year of experience; or 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Prior titling experience is preferred but not required.
- Notary license preferred but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Must be positive, personable, self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be a team player but also able to work independently.
- Ability to learn different computer functions and programs, calculator and other office equipment
- Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude under a variety of circumstances
- Ability to work with all types of people
Hourly pay rate is $18.80 - $28.27/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Employees receive a minimum of sixteen hours of paid time off every month and seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.