The leaders of tomorrow are here with us today. In Cox’s LEAD program, you’ll be part of an enterprise-wide rotational leadership development program that provides an opportunity for early-career talent to obtain rapid career development.
That’s a mouthful, right? Let’s do the Instagram version instead of the LinkedIn version.
As a LEAD Financial Analyst, you’ll get where you want to go much faster. Apply today and get the head start you deserve!
What’s In It For You?
That’s a fair question. We’re glad you asked, because we love our answer and think you will too. Here’s a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- You’ll experience exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We offer a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- If you’re interested in growing your family, rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim, or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
What To Expect
With LEAD, you’ll learn a little bit of everything. We start with core training before moving you into a rotation that will take you all across finance. When you find something that sparks your curiosity (and you will!), we’ll provide you with targeted education to develop that skillset. You’ll have a mentor your first year and a LEAD “buddy” to help show you the way. The opportunity is yours, and it’s boundless! You’ll be exposed to the following:
- A multitude of business functions within the finance world, including client support, planning & analysis, accounting, revenue and commercial.
- Hands-on mentoring and the opportunity to network with and learn from executives.
- A robust team culture with the experience of learning and growing with a group of your peers.
- Meaningful and challenging work.
- Real accountability.
- The skills needed to be a successful professional in any corporate setting.
What You’ll Do
Above all, you’re going to acquire skills. Will said skills pay the bills? That’s up to you! You’ll develop leadership skills, establish a network, learn the business end-to-end and deliver your best work while becoming your best self. Some general responsibilities include:
- Evaluating data and preparing forecasts.
- Analyzing short- and long-range business trends and new business opportunities.
- Planning budgets and comparing against actual spend.
- Conducting research and analysis of financial data.
- Creating financial models of ‘what if’ scenarios for future business planning in areas such as new product development, new marketing strategies, etc.
- Creating, testing, and distributing and tracking of financial models and reports.
- Producing presentations that aid the story telling of financials.
- Contributing to process improvement initiatives to help drive efficiencies across the business.
- Providing support to other analysts and larger projects
- Supporting or leading finance projects under moderate supervision.
- Reporting, communicating, and influencing both financial project deliverables and team members.
- Creating, collaborating with, and managing relationships with internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Creating and leading presentations to team members and senior leadership.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
Who You Are
You’re hungry to learn the ropes and see how businesses work. You’re mindful of the future and are taking control of yours now. You’re dedicated, passionate and reliable. You also have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as 4 years' experience in a related field (i.e. Finance)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills.
- Strong communication, relationship building, and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Work authorization to work in the U.S.; this role does not provide work sponsorship.
- An undergraduate degree by May of 2023
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Expressed interest in Finance (i.e., Internship, Club, etc.….)
- Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, or Mathematics
Tomorrow will be today before you know it, so what are you waiting for? Apply now!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.