AutoTrader - Technical Customer Care Specialist II
The Technical Customer Care Specialist II provides technical support for all inventory related processes and customer support issues to Cox Automotive internal and external customers. This position requires excellent telephone, listening, problem-solving/troubleshooting, and organizational skills along with outstanding reliability and follow-through. The Technical Customer Care Specialist II, Inventory will provide proactive, knowledgeable, results-oriented service that is enabled by a strong knowledge of the Cox Automotive organization, processes, and technology.
The Technical Customer Care Specialist II is responsible for effectively troubleshooting and resolving vehicle inventory issues and maintaining the quality of data on the Autotrader.com website and corresponding Cox Automotive sites. The Technical Customer Care Specialist II will provide technical support to Dealers, Sales, 3rd party vendors, Customer Support and other Cox Automotive teams. The successful Technical Customer Care Specialist II, Inventory has the ability to collaborate with our 200+ 3rd party data vendors to troubleshoot and resolve inventory issues for our customers.
- Daily Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for interacting with fellow staff members, management, sales, vendors and Dealers.
- Troubleshooting/ Problem Solving: Resolve issues upon initial contact (i.e. "first call resolution"), whenever possible. The Technical Client Service Rep II, Inventory must demonstrate effective troubleshooting procedures to resolve technical issues with inventory, images, and data load processes.
- Order Fulfillment: Manage dealer contracts through the inventory process, including working with third party source vendors to perform initial inventory feed set up for dealers.
- Back to Sales Process: Review resolved requests and confirms if the resolution is valid. Troubleshoot and follow through until a valid resolution is received.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to complete multiple tasks by using multiple systems (Homenet, Dataload, Salesforce, etc.) to get to effective and efficient resolutions.
- Reporting: At any time, the Technical Client Service Rep II, Inventory may be asked to distribute any necessary report to the dealer, sales or other internal clients.
- Working Across Teams: Establish and maintain partnerships with ATC service and support organizations, including Dealer Operations, Dealer Support, Product Management, National Accounts, IT, and Sales.
- Product Knowledge: Maintain a strong understanding of Cox Automotive’s products and data load processes, as well as an understanding of Dealer Management Systems (ADP, Reynolds, etc). Develop or improve on internal systems knowledge.
- Change Management: The Technical Client Service Rep II, Inventory will show the flexibility necessary to adjust to changing duties and responsibilities as the department/company evolves. Additional responsibilities may be delegated to assist the department/company with meeting their objectives.
- Decision Making: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues. Ability to use good reason, even when dealing with ambiguity. Use troubleshooting processes to effectively arrive at decisions.
- Project SME: Works as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on special projects as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities: Adjusts to changing/additional duties & responsibilities as the department and company changes. Additional administrative duties, such as special projects and tasks, may be delegated in order to assist the department and company, and to help ensure that goals are met.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years relevant/related work experience
- (Or Associate’s Degree and 1+ years
- Prefer work experience in a Technical Help Desk and/or Sales Support environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented, multi-task, team environment in which strong attention to detail is expected.
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, UNIX, FTP fundamentals
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams with other staff and departments
- Strong orientation to customer service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude with troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Flexible to work the hours of the department.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment as well as independently.
- Ability to accommodate flexible hours and overtime as needed
- Experience with UNIX, SQL, and FTP
- Experience with database support
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is a plus
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.