Real relationships are sincere, authentic, and built on trust. These are the kinds of connections that move business forward. Imagine being the person who helps bring these relationships to life. If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, its time to learn more about Cox Business. We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great sales teams across the US and were looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Inside Solutions Advisor, you'll provide business owners the tools and technology to connect with their customers, helping them manage and grow their business. If you're feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are
You're known for your ambition and grit- you have a strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and colleagues alike. You're quick on your feet with ideas and solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. You've got a proven track record in sales and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts real relationships first.
What You'll Do Position Summary
The Cox Inside Solutions Advisor plays the essential role of maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with our small to mid-sized business clients. The ISA conducts outreach to manage the base, and drive renewals and upsells, and engender customer loyalty. As the ISA, you'll identify potential at-risk accounts and provide the level of information and excellent service needed to influence renewals. In this role, you'll leverage strong time management and customer relationship management skills to develop strategic account outreach plans, and proactively work with clients to ensure their business communications needs are understood and met.
You'll also tackle these to-dos Functional Accountabilities:
- Cold call existing small to medium customers requiring contract renewals, renew contracts and generate new sales opportunities.
- Identify new sources of revenue for existing customer base using tools available (market analysis tools/software such as Dun & Bradstreet data or CRM tools to aid in understanding upsell opportunities).
- Develop and maintain consulting relationships to retain assigned base of existing customers. Make regular contact and maintain expert-level knowledge of their business, industry and communication needs and challenges.
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans for continually maintaining and growing Cox Business revenue within existing accounts.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of new products/services or upsell them on enhanced packages.
- Manage the base of revenue by proactively contacts customers 3-6 months of contract expire for renewal and upsell.
- Listen to and question customers in order to understand their businesses communication needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
- Work with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Up-sell bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Develop proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
- Negotiate pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Ensure product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Maintain client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Provide customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Business services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Spend the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Limited physical mobility sit at their positions and take or make calls.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and develop internal relationships to resolve customer problems.
- Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
What's In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption
- We value people more than technology. That means you'll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and your uniqueness yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. You'll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- Your sales territory will be local, so if you're looking to be home for your family at night or meet your friends for dinner at the end of the day, we've got you covered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Skills, Experience, & Education
- 1 year of working in a sales environment achieving quotas
- Valid state drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- At least 6 months of experience working with computers and common business software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentations, functional competence, high impact communications, learns continuously, PC skills, reasoning, sales skills, and sustaining customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 1 year of experience in the telecommunications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor desired.
- 1 year business-to-business field sales experience with quotas and cold calling
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.