Work schedule - Thursday Only - 8:00 am- 2:00 pm
This position is responsible for the safe moving, staging and parking of vehicles on Auction property, driving vehicles to and from Auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through Auction sale lanes on designated sale days and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
- Drive vehicles through Auction lanes on sale day in a safe manner.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated areas on Auction premises and to and from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, rules of the road and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Line up and park vehicles in the correct order as directed by supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate "lost" vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires and jump start vehicles using a battery box and air tank. Notify supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative; notify Service or Gas Truck Driver when vehicle is out of gas.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous auction experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
With more than 20,000 employees in operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2010, Manheim handled nearly 10 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value. A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), OVE.com, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck & Equipment, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 15 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Please submit your resume to: http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.