New Hire Sign on Bonus ***$1000 Sign On bonus will be offered $1000 and paid $500 at 90 days and $500 at 180 days*** *
The only thing you love more than a pristine automobile is being the person who made it sparkle and shine. From the first drop of soap to the last touch of paint, you are all about making a great vehicle look as good as it runs.
If you’d like to put your automotive artistry to work with a powerhouse company, Manheim may be your ticket to ride. Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses, is the world’s largest wholesale auto marketplace. We help clients buy, sell, recondition and transport used cars, as well as manage and finance vehicle inventory. We’re on a quest to find car lovers with an attention to detail…literally. Our Detail Technicians are folks who have mad skills getting a car or truck to look as good as new. Sound like you? Read on!
What You’ll Do
- You’ll have a hand in every aspect of getting a vehicle looking its best. That means things like…
- Prepping, cleaning, washing & waxing cars.
- Removing defects, and assisting with painting and minor repairs from time to time.
- Keeping Tools and Equipment in excellent shape.
- Observing safety & health procedures.
- Completing work orders & other vehicle documentation.
- Following regulations on paint and other tools of your trade.
By the way, a valid driver’s license is a must - we’ll need you to drive some of these bad boys from point A to point B. And, if you know your way around auto detailing, painting, and some simple repairs, well, that’s another plus in your column.
What’s In It For You?
- You’ll be rewarded with competitive pay & employee discounts.
- You’ll be working with some of the coolest and most advanced detailing tools. When it comes to technology, Manheim has your back.
- We’re big believers in developing leaders from within the company, and once you’re with us, you’ll have the chance to find a mentor, train for other opportunities or make moves within the business so that you can always look for growth and impact.
- If you’re a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy even more terrific benefits, like paid vacation time, paid holidays, comprehensive healthcare, life & disability insurance, and more! Plus, did we mention that we offer Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year with us?
- As part of the Cox team, you’ll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically - Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
First, you’re a safe and capable driver with a track record to prove it. You can drive both an automatic and a manual like a boss. The physical demands required to get a vehicle looking like a million bucks are no problem for you. Doing a great job matters to you and working with a tight-knit group to get the job done right gets you even more pumped.
● Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
● Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
● While you won’t need to do any crazy folk dancing, you must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, squat, and lean for extended periods.
● Basic knowledge of auto detailing, paint application processes, and associated repair procedures (preferred but not required).
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.