Come join a group of ex-startup founders, technologists, entrepreneurs, and recovering consultants & investment bankers in building, scaling, and delivering solutions for a high-growth business. We tackle the largest challenges facing our customers today, and we have fun doing it. The Operations team ensures deployment readiness of both technology and process for all Cox2M solutions, coordinating customer, internal Cox2M and partner teams. Your role will lead the management of infrastructure (primarily but not limited to hardware) operations including sourcing, manufacturing, supply chain, planning, installation, and maintenance to ensure seamless delivery, deployment, and ongoing usage at customer deployment sites for the targeted verticals’ asset tracking solutions.
The ideal candidate has experience with sourcing and procurement, price negotiations and inventory management. Involvement with the execution of municipal deployments is a plus. This will include overseeing supplier resources, field installation resources, managing the design and procurement process on assigned Projects, as well as overall program management of inventory and hardware.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills, interpreting data from various sources to generate meaningful insights and drive fact-based decision making
- Provides technical expertise to Stakeholders and other departments and divisions
- Ensure compliance with design, City policies and procedures, and governmental regulations
- Oversees materials planning and procurement to ensure Smart Communities is looking ahead and ready to support deployment; ensuring that pricing and lead times are always up to date to enable Sales team a quick turnaround on project quotes
- Oversees inventory management of Smart Communities assets
- Oversee field installation resources and coordinate with broader Cox teams on various deployments
- Develop and/or maintain various processes including plan review, maintenance, on-call/emergency response, utility locates, and capital replacement as needed
- Assist with supplier and vendor contracts as needed to enable maximum savings recognition, allowing growth and scalability
- Work closely with installation partners to stay up to date on installation methods that could improve cycle times and/or lessen construction disruption to customer
- Work closely with Product and Customer Success functions to ensure successful end to end testing of products and/or solutions prior to deployment
- Could potentially include 15-20% travel
- Perform other duties as requested.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8 years of experience in a related field (e.g. inventory management and direct experience with forecasting, sourcing, and procurement of materials, etc.); or a BS/BA degree in a related discipline (e.g. supply chain, business administration, innovation). with 4 years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with 2 years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability working with internal and external partners and suppliers, sourcing, and planning with teams to enable scale deployments of innovative hardware and infrastructure solutions
- Experience overseeing field installation resources, particularly with jurisdictions, is a plus
- “Roll up the sleeves” state of mind, willing to get hands dirty in firsthand operations as the Cox 2M business scales up and grows
- Experience in IoT hardware solutions and electronics manufacturing supply chain is a plus
- Ability to multitask and pivot quickly between workstreams in a challenging environment
- Proficient in analysis and data-driven decision making, going beyond strong Excel skills by delivering strong narratives from derived insights
- Enough confidence to challenge others’ thinking; enough humility to challenge your own thinking.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.