The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a leading metro news organization with a rich journalism history, seeks a Newsletter Program Manager.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced with newsletters and passionate about using them to serve audiences’ needs and deliver an outstanding user experience. This person will lead a small team and work across departments to optimize and grow a suite of newsletters that serve a range of audiences. Responsibilities include managing the strategy, editing, sending, and performance of the AJC’s newsletter portfolio.
We seek a motivated, creative, and disciplined leader with exceptional news judgment. A successful candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to move fast, experiment, and find smart ways to engage our audiences.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution serves a growing, vibrant, and diverse metro area in one of the country’s most influential states, both politically and culturally. If you believe in the power of journalism to shape a better society, and you want to join a mission-driven team, please apply.
Please note: this person must be based in Atlanta, GA.
In this position you will:
- Grow our newsletter portfolio to reach and retain audiences and gain subscribers
- Monitor and evaluate audience data to drive newsletter product strategy
- Partner with news and content leaders to recruit the best voices for our newsletters and set expectations for voice and content based on the needs of our audiences
- Refine our existing newsletters and launch new ones
- Help plan and execute engagement campaigns to grow our subscriber lists and boost engagement
- Partner with fellow email stakeholders to coordinate across subscriber touchpoints
- Coordinate and align with members of various teams, including those you don’t directly manage, to ensure successful outcomes.
- Act as a key leader in our newsroom as we innovate around how use our voice in the community
- At least 5 years in digital news or content
- At least 2 years of experience in newsletters in any capacity
- Knowledge on the most recent trends in newsletters and digital readership trends
- Ability to nurture talent and identify key hires to accomplish company goals
- An ability to take and give constructive criticism
- Passion and belief in local, regional and statewide journalism and its role as a societal change agent
- Familiarity and experience in using audience metrics to drive tactical as well as strategic decisions on content production and resource allocation
- Experience in social media as a vehicle to drive traffic, increase reader engagement and build brand
- Demonstrable understanding of journalism standards and media ethics
Preferred Experience in one or more of the following :
- Newsletter writing, production, or strategy
- Social, interactive or digital media
- Product, design, or digital strategy
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, product development, or related field
- Additional years of direct experience (beyond the minimum requirement) in a similar role may be substituted for education
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.