There are certain people who were born to be around cars. They love working with their hands and being part of a down-to-earth team. They're naturally curious about various cars, from torque to tires to taillights. And they’re fueled by a desire to get the world moving.
If this sounds like you, you belong at Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. We’re recruiting a Body Repair Tech II who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and get under some fascinating hoods. If this is up your alley, keep reading for more details!
What’s In It For You?
· Once you’re on board, earn referral bonuses (the amount varies based on job type). You’ll earn at least $1K for each new eligible technician referral you provide.
· 30+ days of paid vacation and company holidays (effective year 1) for full-time employees because we know you need time to recharge. Up to 44 paid days off with more time on the job.
· Great healthcare benefits from day 1. Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program. · At Cox, we believe in being transparent – please click on the link (Cox Benefits Overview) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
· 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
· Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
· Up to $1.5K in free tools for our new auto techs.
· Career growth through Cox Auto University training, opportunity for GED reimbursement, free ASE training/certification and more!
· Flexible work schedules with overtime opportunities.
· Great coworkers who love being part of a team.
· Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be performing repairs to automotive body, exterior plastic and composite repairs, performing body part or panel replacements and preparing vehicles for refinishing. Other responsibilities include:
· Performing a range of duties related to enhancing vehicle appearance.
· Inspecting vehicle integrity.
· Recording imperfections and developing an action plan for vehicle reconditioning.
· Performing surface refinishing work, including surface preparation, handling surface coatings, ensuring proper formulation of surface coatings and refinish products, applying refinish coatings and cleaning/maintaining all paint formulation and application equipment.
· Performing cleaning and minor repairs, including: cleaning compound or polish residue from buffed panels, sanding, cleaning dust and other particles from repair/refinish panels and repairing damaged panels or other body components.
· Completing work order documentation.
Who You Are
You understand the need for accuracy and attention to detail. You pay close attention to customers and their needs. You celebrate differences and know that respect is a two-way street. You also have the following qualifications:
· 2 years’ experience as a body repair technician or similar role.
· Strong knowledge of general vehicle conditioning, surface refinishing, surface preparation, buffing, sanding and repairing minor damage to vehicle panels.
· The ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives.
· Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques.
· Excellent time management skills.
· The ability to respond to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
· A high school diploma or GED.
· ASE certification.
· Experience in the automotive industry.
Don’t let your future stay in neutral. Apply today!
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.