Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with a variety of functions, which could include accounts payable, cash, fixed assets, and other balance sheet reconciliations.
• Interns will have the opportunity to shadow members of the accounting team to get an idea of how each accounting job within the company functions and works together.
• Interns should be willing to work independently on assignments provided by supervisors and management.
• Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including debits and credits, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
• Experience Microsoft office (Teams, Word, Outlook) preferred.
• Moderate Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (ex:// Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, Formatting) required.
• High degree of professionalism
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be well organized, detail oriented and a versatile team player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time efficiently between multiple priorities.
• Business Casual Dress
• Location 4709 W 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268
• This position is located at the main corporate address with the possibility of some remote work arrangements.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What’s more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.